Hunter Safety Solutions have been appointed as Principal Contractor and Project HSE Manager at Samworth Brothers for works within their Ashton Green and Madeline Road sites during 2022.
Hunter Safety have completed the first of the projects with a fantastic safety record and zero reportable incidents.A number of high risk activities took place during the works which were closely monitored by our Site Manager, through the permit to work system and reviewing Risk Assessments and Method Statements. Hunter Safety managed the construction phase of the project, coordinating contractors throughout and managing the program of works on site.
A positive safety culture was set throughout the site, with two of the contractors receiving safety awards from Hunter Safety for constantly ensuring they went above and beyond to ensure this culture was adhered to.
Following the successful completion of this project Hunter Safety have now moved onto the project team supporting Samworth Brothers to ensure Health & Safety standards are met and adhered to on a separate project.
1. Working within a highly regulated food production area during Covid-19 measures.
2. Controlling construction activities within a live factory to protect the product.
3. Logistics of materials and supply chain issues such as Ukraine war.
4. Control of the CDM areas to ensure there was no negative impact on the production facility.
1. Hunter Safety developed a rigorous Covid-19 safe operating procedure that ensured all personnel were tested prior to arrival on site.
2. Excellent working relationships were developed with multiple departments within the bakery, meaning a smooth process of working around operational issues was facilitated.
3. Hunter Safety ensured regular communication with contractors and flagged any supply chain issues well in advance of installation.
4. CDM areas were clearly defined and agreed with the client to avoid operational disruption. CDM training was provided to client personnel to ensure a greater understanding of the CDM requirements and their personal responsibilities.