CDM CONSULTANT/ PRINCIPAL DESIGNER
Do you have experience and passion for Health & Safety? Here at Hunter Safety Group, we’re looking for motivated, professional and experienced CDM Consultant/Principal Designers to join our team. Jump into a new career with an engaging and passionate company, where you can learn and grow in an ever-expanding business.
Specialising in health and safety, you will have the opportunity to develop your experience working on high profile projects.
We are passionate about health and safety and need people in our team who are too. The right candidate, who is driven and looking for future progression has a very exciting opportunity to further their career within the sector. You will be an integral part of this company and its success.
This is a full time, permanent role.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Providing clients with advice on developing and implementing their health and safety management systems
- Ensuring clients comply with CDM regulations
- Providing the duties of Principal Designer or Advisor to another Principal Designer
- Attending design team and project team CDM meetings
- Liaising with contractors and maintaining full communication throughout the duration of the project
- Preparing pre-construction information packs, design risk registers and compiling project health and safety files
- Auditing construction sites and providing client reports
- Producing general health and safety risk assessments
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (ideally NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or NVQ Level 6)
- Association for Project Safety membership preferable
- Strong technical knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Ideally with 2 to 3 years’ experience within a consultancy environment
- Full driving licence and own vehicle
- The ability to build long-standing client relationships
- Excellent computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage your own time
- A nature that thrives in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Patience, level-headedness, and the ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to react quickly and efficiently to changing demands and requirements
- Motivation and drive to progress within the company
- A willingness to travel to sites elsewhere in the UK and spend the occasional night away from home
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive salary of £45,000 - £55,000
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays, which increases after every two years' service - to an industry leading maximum 43 days after 10 years
- Long service recognition
- Ongoing training and support from a central team based at our head office in West Yorkshire
- A fantastic work culture, with events organised throughout the year to bring the team together
- Yearly salary reviews
How to apply:
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, or want to hear more, we want to hear from you.