The HSE Support will be responsible for supporting the CDM Manager HSE Manager with administration duties around managing the health, safety and welfare of all contractors during the construction and commissioning phase of a client project.
Essential criteria to perform role
- Previous experience in a health and safety or construction / contractor role.
- Excellent computer skills including use of Microsoft office.
- Highly organised individual who is able to manage their own time and take direction.
- Communicates clearly across all platforms, is engaging and can speak to anyone at all levels.
- Thrives in a fast-paced demanding environment and enjoys resolving conflict.
- Loves taking on difficult challenges and problem solving.
- Patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- Pays attention to all the details and stays focused on tasks
- Able to react quickly and efficiently to changing demands and requirements.
- Motivated and driven.
Desirable criteria to perform role
- NEBOSH General certificate achieved or working towards
- Understanding of CDM 2015, COSHH, LOLER, PUWER, RIDDOR, Work at Height, Manual Handling, Welfare
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with directions given by the HSE Manager to enable compliance to Hunter Safety CDM management system or that of the client or Principal Contractor.
- Complete and retain all associated paperwork with a construction site including but not limited to permit issuing, RAMS reviews, collection of statutory insurance documents and training certificates.
- Maintain a suitable filing system to the Hunter Standard so that any persons coming on to the site can work with and understand it.
- Carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and safety briefings with all contractors associated with the project.
- Support the HSE Manager with incident investigations and gather information in order to identify the root cause.
- Work with contractors to enable world class health and safety by supporting them to ensure a safe method of working is always established.
- Continuous monitoring of the construction site to correct poor safety behaviours and attitudes.
- Carry out daily audits and inspections.
- Work cooperatively with the HSE Manager to ensure the effective, efficient and safe running of the project.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to an ever changing and demanding environment.
- Sell Hunter Safety Solutions by being a positive and cooperative team member who is willing to go the extra mile.