Hunter Safety Solutions were appointed in the role of Site Safety Manager, through ASK Romein, on the brand-new Microsoft data centre project in Middenmeer, Amsterdam in 2018.
This exciting project cost over 2 billion euros and is home to 11 hectares of data space and a cloud data park.
This scheme lasted 12 months and involved the support, organisation and co-ordination of ongoing health and safety on the site, as well as reviewing the construction phase plan to ensure full compliance.
The contract also included:
- Competency assessments on all contractors/subcontractors, as well as co-ordinating daily work activities
- Assisting in establishing a management system
- Initiating the use of a permit to work system
- Investigating and reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses
- Monitoring, inspecting and auditing site safety standards and requirements
- Liaising with the client and project team to manage and coordinate work activities
- Reviewing and approval of all project documentation, including RAMs
- Providing a sufficient induction prior to works on site